Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

What You Do When You Don't Have Kids

One of my friends doesn't have any kids.  She says she may want to "have" one but she isn't married.  She just turned 43.  To satisfy her child urge she got a dog last year.  Now, I know that dogs are like kids, but her dog gets treated like Baby I will (ok, almost).  He goes to camp, the salon, has a dog walker, special meals, etc.  She was even considering having a nose surgery to open up his nasal passage some (deviated septum?).  He did have a few surgeries last year which set her back a cool $6k; he is still a baby not even 2.  Whew.

By the way, his daycamp fees are the same as what you would pay for your child to go to daycare.  Following are pictures of her dog from daycamp playing soccer, with the Easter Bunny and on an Easter egg hunt.  Hilarious!

On a side note: my mother is considering giving me her dog.  You better believe, as much as I love that dog, Mr. Pepper Fox will not participate in any daycamp unless it is in my backyard and it involves chasing a squirrel, cat or one of those big a@@ opossum.





9 comments:

Am said...

We took our Pug to see Santa and he has already had rhinoplasty! We're the only one of our friends that has given their dog a nose job!

Tami said...

Funny! My friend said she wanted her dog to have George Cloney's nose if she did it! LOL

Am said...

I'll look for the pics. It was a pretty dramatic change actually. He still snores though. I put :old" parents in quotes because we have different opinions of "old" than our friends. My husband would love to wait until we are 40 to have kids. You're funny! Love both of your blogs.

Tami said...

Can't wait for the pix. Oh...I'm glad you cleared up the "old" comment. I'm glad you like the blogs now if I could just figure out how to make good out of this evil! LOL

Sweet Patience said...

This is funny! Dogs are like children before you have any. I love my dog so much! They also prepare one for the responsibility that comes with a child, if you are a good pet-parent!
We also take our dog to daycare/24 hour boarding when we travel. He used to go to daycare everyday the first year that we had him because we both had such long days. We loved it because they helped with obedience training and we knew that he was taken care of. When we moved 10-15 minutes away it was difficult to take him there so he had to learn to stay at home like most dogs. We allow him to go to daycare every so often to remind him that he is still a dog and not a human. They develop personalities really quick!

Single PAP said...

omg, this is too funny!!

Robbin Hopkins said...

Too too funny... I love it

kn said...

Tami - thank you so much for posting the easter bunny doggie photo - hysterically funny!

Happy Easter!

The Pistol Princess said...

LOL LOL LOL! I have not been to your blog for quite a while due to long hours at work. I just died laughing at this post tonight. I honestly was expecting the pictures to be of some high strung retriever - not a bull dog! So, so funny.

Kelli