Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Suburban Rat


My neighbor knocked on my door over the weekend to tell me I had a dead possum under my front steps.


Huh, 'cuse me?

Oh yea, it's sticking it's head out. Come look.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH. Grossssssssss!

Do, you think I was going to get that thing myself? No way! I called my brother to come get it for me.

Geezzzz. I don't have to worry about Baby I being snatched in my yard by strangers but, maybe I should worry about those big ass possum (suburban rats) eating my baby! Does anyone know how to get rid of possum? I think I would like for them to find another yard to frequent.

8 comments:

QB said...

And your superhero brother (who must really love you) just happens to have a giant possum throttler? What the hell is that thing? The holder, not the gross stinky dead possum. Eeeeewwww. Poor little disgusting thing. It seems like they don't do so well in your yard, so maybe they won't come back.

Anonymous said...

naaaaaaasty!!! that thing is HUGE.

Single PAP said...

ew. that is just gross.

hazel said...

DIS. GUS. TING!!!

Thank God he did, but how did your brother happen to have that contraption handy??

Now you've got me worried about finding bunny carcasses around my yard - those things are all over the place in my neighbourhood.

p.s. I like your brother's hat, sitting so jaunty on his head :-)

VALARIE said...

That thing is as big as a baby. Tell your brother is he my hero. That thing looks nasty and he looks so calm.

Handlyrics said...

WOW. When I lived in NY the subway rats were really that large. Gross. Yeah , I dont have a brother, but i would have definately called someone to get that for me too!!

Tami said...

I called my brother at work and for whatever reason they had a "grabby thing." He brought it over and yes, he was as cool as a cucumber when he picked up the nasty thing. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasha Kent said...

I love the fact that he used one of those grabbers to pick up the dead possum.

I love those things. I use it when I'm too lazy to get off my fat a$$ to play catch with my dog. I just grab the ball and toss it. She retrieves it, drops it in front of me and I use the grabber to pick it up again.