Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Adoption Gods Mock Me


This is day 4 of my being snowed in. I'm not complaining because this is day 2 of my being off of work and tomorrow isn't looking promising. I've actually gotten a lot done at home; it's awesome not to feel guilty about not doing anything or going anywhere because I can't get there. It is so freeing. This time in is teaching me to take more time for myself with less guilt. Anywho, I digress. The only thing that I absolutely need to do (and right now) that I have been trying to do for months and especially over the last 2 weeks is get all of my documents certified and authenticated. I mean finalizing my package, to get on my agencies waitlist, has been ridiculous. Let's recap shall we:
  • I had to redo my homestudy
  • My case manager tells me I can get my child protection clearance fast, Child Services tells me no-6 weeks
  • I go redo my fingerprints at USCIS, a few weeks later I receive a letter that says my fingerprints were lost (I was in a 2 week period where all fingerprints were lost from the computer), I wait 6 weeks
  • I go to DC to have my documents authenticated and my homestudy was notarized wrong by the agency. Wait for new notarized statement
  • I need to go 2 more counties for authentication and certification but it snows! Oh, did I mention things are out of control professionally that I don't have a moment to breathe. Back to the snow. Everything is shut down. I have days off to go get my last documents authenticated and the government is closed! Of course when they open back up I won't be able to go immediately. I'm afraid to mail them b/c I don't want to wait 6 more weeks. I wonder if an overnight package will work but there is no one there to tell me!
Yes, the Adoption Gods are mocking me! I hear them now... "2 years 9 months and 3 days is NOT enough Ms. Lady. You MUST prove that you WANT to be a mother. That you have the persistence, patience, stick-to-it-ness, chutzpah, insanity, and sense of humor to be a mother." Let's see what else we have to throw at you they are saying!

C'mon Adoption Gods, give a sista' a break already!

4 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

As the presently acting adoption whisperer I would like to say you are not being mocked by the Gods. They are too busy harassing other ppl lol. Actually She (God) is preparing your file for further processing. She has it all under control. Actually something came to me this morning: Although we cannot see around corners God can. You are coming around the corner babe... hold on and have faith!!!!

Brenda said...

I agree with Robbin. This "more paper chasin" is just leading you to the little girl that God intended for you to have.

P.S. Get out in get moving if you were in NY you would not be in the house. You are totally taken advantage of the snow... :-)

Kelly said...

It's amazing how everything is closed down due to the snow, isn't it? However, I understand, as I just ventured out in the car for the first time and even the main roads here in Baltimore are still covered with ice and snow and slush. I'm enjoying the down time, but I don't have those documents to tackle, so I feel you on that one. Hopefully next week will be better. (I won't say this week because of the next storm on the way!)

Anonymous said...

Everything will work out. Keep your head up and keep the faith. You're almost done.

Sen