Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

It's So Sad

Everyone knows that you better get all of your projects out of the way before the baby comes because your time is no longer your own. Especially if you are going to be a single parent. So, I have a legal pad long list of projects to take on in the next say 6 months. I just hope I make enough money to keep up with those projects or have enough creativity to get them done!

My first project is my sunroom. I have this great sunroom that I absolutely LOVE. The problem is it came with a hot tub when I bought my house 9 years ago. Now, this may not seem like a problem to most people, but I never really used it after the first few years. Everyone else is more enamored with it than I am. I simply want my space. I have dreams of what I would do with the room if that thing didn't take up 75% of the room. So, I decided to sell it. I found a buyer and all. But guess what? My sunroom was built around the hot tub and the only way to get it out is to destroy it! Yes, I'm going to have to cut in half a perfectly good hot tub! It's so sad, but it has to go! I haven't used it in 3 years! I want my room! I want my space. I have dreams of a new sofa, floors, etc. I want to watch Baby I in the yard playing while I'm laying on the couch watching TV...oh, I'm sorry I mean outside playing in the yard with her! (hee hee).

Sooo...in the next few weeks when I go out of town, my contractor is going to come in with his electric saw and go chomp, chomp to this perfectly good hot tub! Oh, well...easy come, easy go...but I'll have my entire room for the first time in 9 years! I'm so excited! Stay tuned sometime this summer for my new sunroom pix!




8 comments:

graceling said...

Yeah, I'd take the space, too. Besides, a hot tub is just an invitation for bayb to get hurt, right?:)

Single PAP said...

ok, so that means just a few weeks to plan some par-tays!!!!

hazel said...

It is shame you can't make some $$ of it now, but the added space is much more important.

I love the elephant table & monkey lamp!

p.s. I've always wanted to go to DC - or you come to Calgary and designer-ize my house - oh, and help me decorate the nursery!! :-)

los cazadores said...

It's an attractive nuisance for a baby, certainly. Plus, more room would be awesome for the new addition to your life!

BTW, I meant to tell you that your link to me is one letter off and thus won't go there - It's "ethiopiatreasurehunt.blogspot.com" as opposed to ethiopiantreaturehunt... I screwed it up from the beginning, my fault. :)

Cindy

Tami said...

Cindy, you are confusing me! LOL

Haze, let's plan trips this summer definitely! We can do nurseries...how fun! I work for food! LOL

BTW...did you notice my floor? I hand painted that! The elephant and or monkey will probably go in Baby I's room or playroom. That will be the next project!

hazel said...

I love the floor - I was going to ask if it was painted but then I thought 'nah, it's probably a rug.'

QB said...

Couldn't you just leave the hottub drained, line it with baby blankets & a crib bumper and save yourself the crib expense? It looks like such a pretty hottub, pity it's got to go. The room & the floor look great.

Tasha Kent said...

Laura's got it right... gotta have some par-tays to give the tub a good going away party.