Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Ready To Adopt!

It's 3:00 am and for most that know me you would think that I have just gotten up but I haven't gone to sleep yet. I've been on this erratic sleep schedule the past few months with the new business and even more so now that I have decided that I am ready to adopt. It's been a very emotionally painful few years but God is GREAT and I made it through and now I am excited and ready to share my life with a little one. Why am I doing a blog? Well for a many reasons:
  1. I'm exited about finally becoming a Mother and I want to share it with my friends and family.
  2. My journey has been non-traditional from the beginning and I was ashamed initially but now I know it was God's plan and has made me a stronger person. But mainly I am tired of telling the story so the blog can speak for me. ;-)
  3. I want to have as much history as I can for my daughter not only about her family history and Ethiopia but about her mother (as unconventional as I may be ;-)) and about how much I loved her even before she came her...or was born for that matter!
  4. I want to have a place to talk about what happened to me that led me to adoption. This may be of help to other women that are considering adoption or currently having fertility challenges and may even be single. It's an issue that isn't really talked about but we should...so, I will.

3 comments:

Cortney Gee and The Celebrity Cane Corsos said...

I'm very happy for you . I know how much you want to be a mommy and the blessing of this new baby is just the answer. Of course I will continue to come back to the blog and see how the whole process goes and the see how you handle the journey. At least with the adoption you won't get pudgy and stay a hot dominican mami... smile congrats !!!

MaverickMama said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are going to be a mama soon. You are so inspirational with your determination and positive heart. I really enjoyed talking with you at the TT meeting this spring. Come see baby boy and I whenever you have the time. Best wishes! MM

Tracey said...

Congratulations on starting this journey. It may feel like it takes a long time, but before long, ourk kids will be playing together!