Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nursery Wallpaper

Today I had another lack of focus day (that seems to be a common theme these days). I'm a little concerned because while I am getting work done it isn't until 1am. So, what took my focus away today? Wallpaper of all things! Just out of the blue I thought about this wallpaper that I fell in love with last year and said that I wanted to have somewhere in my house then it hit me. I would use it in my daughter's nursery! I haven't picked a color yet (it comes in 6 colors) and I don't know how I am going to use it but I know I am going to use it.

The wallpaper Harlem toile de Jouy (by Sheila Bridges) tells a rich yet satirical story about African American life through the often distorted lens of the media. It was designed it to remind people of many of the stereotypes that have historically been and continue to be associated with African Americans living in rural parts of the country as well as urban areas like Harlem.




3 comments:

Single PAP said...

I like that. Very unique.

Tami said...

Thanks! see the last line in yesterday's post....ooppps!!!!!!!! I took it out to change it then forgot to add it back in.

Amy said...

Love that wallpaper!