Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, July 6, 2007

The Government Increases Their Fees

There is a form called Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition -1600A that all adopting parents must fill out with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services prior to adopting. The purpose of the form (per USCIS) is to adjudicate the qualifications of the applicant(s) as prospective adoptive parents. Filing this form will generally speed up the part of the processing relating to the qualifications of the prospective adoptive parent petitioner(s).

Gladney (the agency I am adopting from) told me to fill out the form but they gave me so many forms that I said "okay" and put it in the get to it pile. This 2 page form costs $545 BUT if I do not hurry up and submit this form by July 30th the fee will increase to $750!

I suppose this is a trickle down effect from the war...but $200! What do you do? You want your kid? You pay $200 more. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: