Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wallpaper Update


Yesterday I went to the Washington Design Center to hunt down the wallpaper (from last Thursday's post) for my daughter's room and there it was! They had every sample for me to Ohh and Ahh over! I was convinced that I was going to take it home and put it up on the walls and think about the colors and what I was going to do with it just like I do for my clients. I was under the illusion that it was going to be under $100 a roll and then maybe the minimum would be a few rolls. The room doesn't have a lot of wall space so I only need a few rolls, I would pay $300 but then they told me each roll was $150 and the minimum was 6 rolls...wait that's $900 for wallpaper! Ok...let me rethink how much I really like this wallpaper for my daughter's room. Ummmm not so much. If it were for Mommy's room sure, for baby's room...nope! The first time I see a mark on it I may want to become "Mommy Dearest" LOL Just Jokes... I decided that I'm going to make my own wallpaper...you would think I had nothing better to do! I don't know how I'm going to do it yet but I'm pretty set (or obsessed with this- you pick) on this I'll get back to you on this wallpaper saga.

3 comments:

ferenge mama said...

wow - that must be SOME wallpaper. Do you have an image of it? I'm dying to see!!

kate said...

beautiful...but insanely priced.

you could take that print, make a transparency, project it on the wall and trace it...

Tami said...

Kate that is A LOT of tracing!!!!!!!!