Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, July 2, 2007

Right Hand of Fellowship

Yesterday I officially joined the church (http://www.zionchurchonline.com/) that I have been attending for a year and a half. It was beyond time. When the pastor called all those who had taken the membership class and were ready to take the right hand of fellowship to the front, I waited for others, no one went. I didn't want to be the only one at the front of the church telling my story but I guess I was supposed to be the only one at the front telling my story...so I went. The pastor said "are you nervous?" "Yes."

I stood before a few hundred members of my church and told them that I came to Zion broken. I had just come out of two and a half weeks of the hospital from near death. The end result was I could no longer have children. I was very depressed however, Zion has changed my life(I can't even express how much Zion has changed my life...as I am typing this tears are coming from my eyes and they are not of sadness they are from joy!) and my blessing now is that I am adopting a baby from Ethiopia. The church clapped and it made my heart lighter. After church so many people came up to me and thanked me for sharing my testimony.

I believe that what happened to me happened for a reason. No it wasn't pretty and it caused me a lot of pain (both emotionally and physically) but I believe that this was always my path, I was always meant to adopt. I also believe that my ministry is to help other women. I'm still trying to figure out how I am to do that but I know the Lord will show me how as I move forward with my own adoption.

No comments: